Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing #22 Nings

I have been using TeacherLibrarianNing for sometime now...looking at topics, seeing what's on people's minds, looking up members for various reasons...went ahead and made it formal and joined. Also joined the Texas School Librarian group tonight as well...I was a little behind the times and really did not realize this group existed or maybe I did and got it confused (easy to do in my mind lately) with the other one! I do want to support the efforts of the state group so one more sign-up...easy to do tho'!

I can't say that I have really used these resources...simply because I have a network...physically and virtually. As is well known, my circle is "tight"...we meet regularly, we communicate regularly, we collaborate regularly, we have forward-thinking/future thinking leadership, and we "argue" just enough to be a professional family!

I have built up a comfortable group of on-line experts that I look to for advice and counsel...albeit one-way mostly, ideas and information. It is amazing to me how easy it is to get anything straight from the horse's mouth these days!

But I will check in with the nings and will try to do so more regularly now.

Another thing I joined recently is not really a ning...more of a directory--The Edubloggers International Directory, but I find it fascinating because it is global. I have accessed the award-winning edublog lists for several years and now I can check out even more edubloggers through a new directory. If you have a few minutes, you might want to take a virtual world tour of people who are doing what we are doing!
See ya,
Froggy Wart

No comments: