Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing #23 Summing Up! Is That All There Is?

When I started this task, it looked daunting. I wasn't sure I would reach the end. I feared I would get hung up on Things I couldn't do or understand. The finish line looked far away and uphill all the way!
x
And I was not a huge fan of online learning...don't have much experience in learning thru online resources. I knew I would miss the face-o-face interactions with my fellow students.
x
But I knew that was one of the major objects for me...learning by doing...by reading the directions...the FAQs...the help pages...reviewing the samples. One reason is because that is the way things come now...there are no more manuals...and more importantly, there is SO much stuff out there now that NO one can be the "expert", i.e. the teacher, of everything I need to know how to do.


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
All the fun sign generators! Google Reader, Google alerts, Google docs.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
letting me know I can do these things...that I can figure this stuff out on my own. Makes me want to find other fun things!

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
How much I enjoyed it all...even the podcast!
It was very interesting to see the different reactions from all the different players and how we viewed the value of different things! nothing was consistent...thought that was very interesting...different strokes for different folks.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Nothing really...but I will join the consensus that is building for splitting a new group of Things into 2 smaller groups. I wish there was a way to get more Players to comment to each other...that is a critical component to social networking! Hopefully, folks will be more comfortable with the concept and do it more often in the future as they read and use blogs, etc. that they have discovered.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
AB-SEW-LUTE-LEE! Where do I sign up!

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
One word: Fun!
One sentence: Life-long learning & social networking experiences all wrapped up in fun!
(yes, grammar teachers...not a sentence-- but sums up my thoughts any way)

I am looking forward to following the adventures of other Players now without the pressure of thinking I need to be working on my own assignments! I hope many of the Players who have seemed to embrace blogging will keep their blogs active and continue to share their thoughts and ideas on things that would benefit us all.

I think it is pretty appropriate that I finished this up on March 17th cuz I can tell you..I am jumping for joy and dancing a jig! I would have had fireworks going off in this blog...but they are banned in the city. I'll save my civil disobedience for more important things!

Hope I see you around the virtual learning pool!
Take care,
Froggy Wart

6 comments:

Book Nook Girl said...

Yea! You finished! I am so glad you played along with the rest of us! I am still plugging along, but hope to make it to the end!
Where do you get all the pics you put on your blog?

Anonymous said...

most come from Microsoft clip art and then I put them in PPT and "doctor" them up a little...and then save them as a graphic so I can upload them!

you are so close..you will make it, I know!

Unknown said...

I love long distance learning because it doesn't require me to play nice with others!

I think there would have been more comments if say every 5th thing was "read 10 other blog posts and comment on them" or something along that time. I barely had time to write about my own things, much less comment on others.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like the fun image generators too, endless supply of them on www.CustomSignGenerator.com.

Hebrews 13:2 said...

Congratulations!.....How did you finish on March 19th?...I'm about to finish "Thing #12"...That means that I will be half way to the finish line...This has been such a learning experience...Thanks for setting it up for all of the players and thank you for your positive support. :)

VWB said...

I played n the Spring team!...we had to be finished by spring Break!