Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thing #10 Playing Around with Image Generators



I have been playing around so much with these things that I have neglected the necessary post! In looking thru all the other blogs that have gotten this far, I see so many clever ideas that can be incorporated for various things in a library or classroom. And i have palyed and played and sprinkled a few throughout the blog.


The idea that I will zero in on is signage...this previous post in my other blog will give you a better idea WHY signage is a hot button issue for me.


In so many libraries (including the ones I used to manage!), lots and lots of signs are needed to assist patrons in finding their way around and in finding just the right book or resource. All of these image generators can make solving that problem F-U-N. You can select a theme or style or color scheme to tie everything together...whatever meshes with your personality. (huuummm..is THAT a mashup of sorts?)


The sign above is from Image Chef in the Sign-Banner section. The one over on the sidebar is Image Chef's License Plate generator. Image Chef animated below, too!

3 comments:

Grendel said...

I like your creations! You are great about making these library-oriented. If I followed your lead, I could stay on task!

Anonymous said...

http://www.ImageGenerator.org has 5,000 more Web 2.0 image creators (make buttons, digital scrapbooking, banners, sigs, avatars, comics, photocards, fake magazine covers, wordart/logos, gags, posters, etc).

Book Nook Girl said...

I like your license plate! I have just figured out that you are doing all of these 23 Things too! Where do you find the time? Thanks for participating too! Your posts are fun to read!