Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing #12 What's this Rollyo All About, Tootsie?

hummm... I was an "M" student on this one.

Although I love the name and the cute little red symbol...brand!...I wasn't getting the point. I looked, I read, stopped thinking so hard, and finally, just did what it asked.

I think I finally understand...it is JUST a cleverly named, little red-enhanced S-E-A-R-C-H E-N-G-I-N-E...not rocket science, but certainly Greek to me .

I selected a subject that SHOULD be near and dear to my heart...cataloging issues, and particularly, the future of cataloging...plenty of things I need to be learning about and learning how to do. I dutifully added several sources I want to use in getting this information. Includes Catalogblog, The FRBR Blog, OCLC Bib Formats, The Dewey Blog, LOC MARC Holdings, etc.

But when I went to search something, it included the Web and that muddied the results I had to wade through. That was one of the things that was mentioned in the intro as a reason for using..."clean" searches! Hummm....not doing something right maybe?

So I put the cute little search widget on my sidebar, added some search locations including this blog itself...now if that works, then this whole experiment will be worth it and I will add it to my other blog...where I have trouble sometimes finding things (because my tags are too general.)

BTW, help yourself if you want to and see what you can see from what I selected.

And I'm gonna muster up some patience and use it awhile to see if I get used it...which usually happens to me and most of this 2.0 stuff...in the meantime, can I go back and do another image generator?

Gotta go wash the mud off,
Froggy

No comments: