Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing #14 Technorati is Worth a Claim

I have used Technorati for many months. My main purpose was that that comes from claiming a blog. I claimed my first blog so that I could see all the different blogs known as authorities that "found" it because of the tags or things I mentioned and for whatever reason either mentioned it in their blogs or put it on ther blogrolls.

Because Technorati keeps a list of these blogs for me, I am able to go in and study these blogs individually and learn from them, see what we have in common, and follow them if they fit a need. Several times a curriculum-related blog has latched onto something I posted and I get to see how the information does work out in a classroom.

In the beginning, I also took a look at the Top 100 blogs...amazing how many are educationally technology or library related...lots of good "stuff" to learn about. Take a look at Engadget, Mashable, ReadWrite Web, 43 Folders.
I have done searches through it as well, but not too many because I have so many other ways to locate resources. I think it comes down to whatever works for you and whatever you get used to first. Choice...that's the key!

Technorati...another way to share the wealth of information.

Goodnight,
Froggy Wart

3 comments:

Terry said...

But don't try 3 of them in the district - they're forums!

Grendel said...

Wow. I am just learning about them right now from reading your blog and th has already investigated them! Do either of you ever sleep?!

Anonymous said...

I will see what I can do about making them available...will check them at home first for any edgy things!